The sigrok project aims at creating a portable, cross-platform, Free/Libre/Open-Source signal analysis software suite that supports various device types (e.g. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and many more).
It is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, version 3 or later. Design goals and features include:
- Broad hardware support. Supports many different devices (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, data loggers etc.) from various vendors.
- Cross-platform. Works on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Android (and on x86, ARM, Sparc, PowerPC, ...).
- Scriptable protocol decoding. Extendable with stackable protocol decoders written in Python 3.
- File format support. Supports various input/output file formats (binary, ASCII, hex, CSV, gnuplot, VCD, WAV, ...).
- Reusable libraries. Consists of the libsigrok and libsigrokdecode shared libraries which can be used by various frontends/GUIs.
- Various frontends. PulseView (LA/DSO/MSO GUI), SmuView (DMM/PSU/load GUI) and sigrok-meter (DMM GUI), sigrok-cli (command-line), and other frontends all build upon the above libraries.
You can use sigrok to...
- ...log data from your multimeter
- ...have a $10 logic analyzer for examining logic circuits
- ...have a remote GUI for your oscilloscope
- ...perform measurements on signals
- ...make sense of digital signals with protocol decoders
- ...write custom protocol decoders in python
- ...remote-control your power supply
- ...remote-control whatever lab device you'd like to support
- ...write a quick-n-dirty automation tool for your particular needs
- ...have a framework/frontend for your home-made devices
Failed to load RSS feed from https://sigrok.org/blog/rss.xml: HTTP request failed due to unknown error.
See also: Current events.
| Downloads and documentation
| Getting in touch
IMPORTANT: Unless explicitly specified otherwise, all contents in this wiki (including text and images) are released under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license. If you don't want that, please explicitly specify another free-ish license when adding pages/images!