|Samplerate||2.4MS/s (see notes)|
|Min/max voltage||±500mV / ±20V|
The Hantek 1008C is a USB-based 8-channel oscilloscope (sampling resolution: 12bits on each channel), with 8 channel digital pattern generator.
See Hantek 1008C/Info for some more details (such as lsusb -vvv output) on the device.
- CPU: ST Microelectronics STM32F103C6T6A
- Low-dropout voltage regulator: Advanced Monolithic Systems AMS1117-3.3
- 8-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer: NXP Semiconductor 74HCT4051D (1 per analog channel)
- Octal 3-state buffer: Fairchild Semiconductor MM74HC244SJ (in the path of digital outputs)
- 8-bit shift register with 3-state output: 74HC595 (3 total)
- Dual opamp: in MSOP-8 package, Texas Instruments unknown model (chip markings "TI 25 AVG") (1 per analog channel)
Need to continuously send commands to the OUT Endpoint, and for each command receive the result from the IN Endpoint (both Endpoints can transfer max 64 bytes). The device got logically disconnected automatically if not receive any command after 7 seconds.
List of commands (incomplete)
- A0 -> set number of channel enabled (ie. A0 02: 2 channels are enabled)
- AA -> set which channel to enable (ie. AA 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 enable channel 1 and 2)
- A2 -> set voltage level for each channel (ie. A2 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 apply +-20V range on each channel)
- A3 -> set sampling rate (ie. A3 00 set highest sampling rate)
- AC -> set sampling rate (ie. AC 07 D0 00 03 42 00 03 42 set highest sampling rate for 2 channels enabled = 1.2MS/s)
- AB -> set trigger level (ie. AB 08 00)
- C1 -> set trigger source and slope (ie. C1 00 00 for Channel 1, rising slope, C1 01 01 for Channel 2, falling slope)
- F3 -> hardware ping (required to send regularly also when acquisition is stoped, otherwise the hardware disconnect)
Sample of initialization cycle
Start of waiting cycle for data to be ready into the buffers
- A2 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
- A4 01
- A5 5A
- A5 5A
Buffers Reading Cycle
- C6 02 (return Buffer 1 size)
- A6 02 (acquire 64 bytes, 32 samples of 12 bits each, repeated 60 times get 2000 samples)
- C6 03 (return Buffer 2 size)
- A6 03 (acquire 64 bytes, 32 samples of 12 bits each, repeated 60 times get 2000 samples)
- Sample rate: maximum measured 2.4MS/s if just 1 channel is enabled. Drop down to 1.2MS/s if enable 2 channels.
- Acquisition: on each scan acquire 4000 bytes (2000 samples) from 2 buffers (2000 samples each buffer)
- Voltage Selector: the most reliable voltage selection is +/-20V, lower hardware voltages present strong non-linearity which make useless the full ADC range of the device (for example +/-500mV range is linear just in the range +500mV -> -80mV.