GW Instek GDM-397
|IEC 61010-1||CAT III (1000V) / CAT IV (600V)|
|Measurements||voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, frequency, temperature, duty cycle, diode, continuity|
|Features||autorange, data hold, relative, backlight|
The GW Instek GDM-397 is a 4000 count CAT III (1000V) / CAT IV (600V) handheld digital multimeter with RS232 connectivity.
It is similar to the UNI-T UT61B, but not the same device/PCB (this appears to have improvet input protection along with HRC fuses).
Press and hold the REL button to enable serial data transmission.
- Multimeter IC: Fortune Semiconductor FS9922-DMM3 (datasheet)
- Crystal: 4MHz (markings: "3.999")
- Fuses: 600mA H 1000V (6.35x31.8mm) and 10A H 1000V (10.3x38.1mm) (HRC fuses)
- Included (appears to be same as Device cables#UNI-T_UT-D02).
- Optional (appears to be same as Device cables#UNI-T_UT-D04).
See Multimeter_ICs#Fortune_Semiconductor_FS9922-DMM3 for the DMM IC protocol. Depending on the cable, additional transport-specific decoding is needed, though.
Serial data transmission must be enabled by a long press on the "REL" button.