This might not be a bug at all but I've tried everything under the sun so:
PC running win7, I have two of these, one the home version the other pro.
I get the same result with each.
Zadig.exe executed > driver WinUSB(v6.1.7600.16385)
LA is a Rigol DS1102D. I use D0 as SCL and D1 as SDA
Target hardware is an I2C system known to have been stable for years.
I'm simply using it to prove the LA and protocol decoder.
Pulseview sees the Rigol perfectly. Identifies it and reads the D0 and D1
data stream without trouble.
Nothing I've tried will get the I2C to decode, all I get is a hashed
stripe where the decode should be.
Also I've tried:
_every_ driver available under Zadig. Either I get the above or no reaction
from Pulseview at all.
Any ideas anyone before I pull the rest of my hair out?
Hello John, can you please provide
a) an .sr file of the data you measured and
b) a screenshot of what PV looks like (ideally with the decoder config dialog open)
(In reply to Soeren Apel from comment #1)
> Hello John, can you please provide
> a) an .sr file of the data you measured and
> b) a screenshot of what PV looks like (ideally with the decoder config
> dialog open)
That's quick! I'll tfr this and present it soon.
Created attachment 355 [details]
Created attachment 356 [details]
As requested. Hope it helps...
Thanks! The samplerate in the .sr file is 0 Hz, that causes the problems later on. We need to fix whatever place doesn't properly pass along the samplerate, maybe the rigol-ds driver in libsigrok (just a guess at the moment).
I've faked the samplerate to 1MHz for a quick test, the I2C decoder is running OK then (didn't check the data, though).
Thanks, at least there's a sane answer.
I have seen that my screen is not the same as shown in the various
tutorials, videos and so on but I don't know why.
Is there a way for me to adjust the sample rate? (haven't seen it yet..)
Created attachment 357 [details]
.sr second try
This is a second trial .sr file.
It includes the I2C trace which the first file did not have.
This is a driver bug. As we can see, the driver only calculates a valid sample rate if at least one analog channel is enabled:
John's screenshot shows that he has both analog channels disabled, which triggers this bug.
Soeren and Uwe!
Thanks, you were dead right.
Not what was intended but it's great to now have a workaround!
Parts of this is fixed in libsigrokdecode now (e.g. in 8accc30bf5d98aa958af839511d57e0e1ddefe94), many decoders now will work fine without samplerate as well (where possible).
Leaving the bug open, as there's still a driver bug there, of course.
*** Bug 1495 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***