|Channels||8 + 1|
|Samplerate||8ch @ 24MHz, 8+1ch @ 12MHz|
|Triggers||1 independent trigger + (SW-probe 0,1)|
Digital: max. 5.5V|
Analog: -10V — +10V
|Threshold voltage||Digital: Fixed: VIH=1.4V, VIL=0.8V|
The XZL_Studio AX is a USB-based, 8-channel logic analyzer with up to 24MHz sampling rate, with 1 additional analog channel (theoretically 2, but only one of them can be used at a time; 3MHz analog bandwidth).
It is a clone of the CWAV USBee AX-Pro.
In sigrok, we use the open-source fx2lafw firmware for this logic analyzer.
Note: fx2lafw currently doesn't support switching between the two possible analog channels, 1ACH (TODO: not verified on hardware) will be used unconditionally.
See XZL_Studio AX/Info for some more details (such as lsusb -v output) on the device.
- Main chip: Cypress CY7C68013A-56LTXC (FX2LP), U6
- ADC: 1x Texas Instruments TLC5510I (SO 24pin package), 8-Bit, 20 MSPS ADC, Single Channel, U10, outputs D1-D8 connected to PD0-PD7, OE# grounded, CLOCK from CTL2 on U6
- I2C EEPROM: Atmel 24C02C
- Low-dropout voltage regulator: Advanced Monolithic Systems AMS1117-3.3
- Crystal: 24MHz
- Multiplexer: HCF4051 - Single 8-Channel Analog Multiplexer/Demultiplexer, U12, channel selectors B and C grounded, selector A controlled by PA0 on U6
- Op Amp: LM358 - Single Supply Dual Operational Amplifiers, U15
Since we use the open-source fx2lafw firmware for this device, we don't need to know the protocol.
- EE Electronics ESLA201A - the same circuit (from firmware's point of view). PCB has been copied and altered, same silkscreen labels. No electrolytic caps, no resistive trimmers, larger screw-hole-keepouts, no cap on pin 13 at U10, no U13 (second MAX1044/ICL7660). Has extra button inside the box!