BBC Goertz Metrawatt M2110
|Measurements||voltage, current, resistance, capacitance|
The BBC Goertz Metrawatt M2110 is a historic (about 1984) 30000 count bench multimeter with RS232 connectivity.
It is possibly the oldest multimeter supported by libsigrok.
A multimeter called Metravo 5D from the same manufacturer that seems to be the same model without RS232 port received the iF design awards in 1981.
The manufacturer is called Gossen Metrawatt today.
- Baud rates 150/300/600/1200/2400/4800/9600, configurable via rotary switch
- 7 data bits
- No/even/odd parity bit, configurable via DIP switches
- 1 or 2 stop bits, configurable via DIP switch
- Optional CTS handshake, configurable via DIP switch
- Output intervals 0.66 s/10 s/1 min/10 min/1 h/manual/remote controlled, configurable via rotary switch
- Manual output sends value on button Start/Reset pressed
- Remote controlled output sends data on CTS set or ENQ sent, configurable via DIP switches
- Max. 1.5 measurements/s
- 25 pin "female" connector
- Null modem cable required (DTE configuration)!
msg := SDDDDDD | 'OVERRNG' CR LF S := '-' | ' ' D := '0'..'9'|'.'
Unfortunately the device does not send the measured unit.
Support in sigrok
The device is supported by the driver bbcgm-m2110 in modes that send data automatically or manually. Polling is not implemented. The device does not send the measured quantity or unit via the serial interface, just the value.
The device detection requires a message to be sent by the device within 1s. The default serial port parameters are 1200/7n2.
After power on or configuration changes the button Start/Reset must be pressed at least once to initiate sending.